Terms of reference
The National Health Board is responsible for:
- The funding, monitoring and planning of District Health Boards (DHBs), including the annual funding and planning rounds;
- The planning and funding of designated national services;
- Bringing together the various activities with strategic planning and funding of future capacity (Information Technology, facilities, workforce), so they can be better integrated and driven by future service requirements. Including:
- The DHB regional service planning and funding, including arbitration over regional disputes
- The process for deciding, which services should be planned, funded and provided at national, regional and locallevels, and how that should change over time, and
- How to best support the Government's initiative to reduce bureaucracy, so savings can be invested in front line services.